please note the
For a productive and effective functioning of the class,
several rules should be obeyed.
- You need an email address in this class. If you don't have
one yet, I will show you in one of the first sessions
how to get one. Email is the most convenient way for
me to communicate with you outside of class (though you
might also want to give me your phone number), remind
you of deadlines, ..., so please check your email account
at least every week.
- Reading your private email, playing computer games, browsing
the internet for fun is all fine, but not in class.
In other words, these activities are forbidden during class.
Violations will lower your classroom participation score.
- Arrive in time and don't leave early. Again violations
may lower your classroom participation score.
- Please participate!
- No cheating or plagiarism will be tolerated! See the
handbook for procedure.
- Please be so nice and help each other in and outside of class.
If you know how things are done and your neighbor struggles,
help and show. Also in projects, help. This doesn't contradict
the previous rule---just don't do the project for
someone else, and don't copy part of your code into
the project of someone else.
- If anything goes wrong, if you are not understanding anything,
or if you are bored, if you are feeling treated unfair, ...,
tell me. Complain! Tell me and tell me early, as soon
as you start feeling uncomfortable.
Up to main page
Erich Prisner, June 2003