The Final, Spring 2007
We covered the following topics:
- Chapter 1 (except "Where computers are used")
- Operating Systems: (not for network, large computers)
- Application software: (not Business software, not Computers and People)
- CPU: (not Expansion Buses, not RISC, not parallel programming)
- Input and Output: Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, Printer.
- Storage: (not Multimedia, not Backup, not Organizing and ..., not Processing stored data)
- Networking: (not Cellular modems, not asynchronous ..., not simplex ..., not the work of networking)
- Internet (not wireless internet access, not Internet in Business, not
- Writing your own web page: (not templates, not frames)
- Security and Privacy: Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, Antivirus programs,
but not encryption and SSL.
- DBMS, databases: (not the different database models, not data dictionary, not concurrency control, not
- security, not the different backup models, not object-orient ..., not data warehousing)
- also Graphics, graphics formats, compression.
The final will have four parts:
- An Excel hands-on part, similar to this one,
but shorter, just 8 questions, totally worth 8
- 12 short-answer question, similar to those given
here. Each one is worth 2 points, so you can get 24
- You choose 2 essay question out of a choice of 5. These 5 I provide will
be from this list of 10. Each question is worth 5
points, hence you can get 10 points
Please study. GOOD LUCK!